Impressions of Europe

Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Edingburgh

Wow. What a beautiful city. Just like I imagine old European cities with their age visible on the walls. History, breathing, living. Of course, it's not all old but the parts that are look it. Recently a lot of cities have cleaned up their old buildings, kind of taken the age off of them. Maybe it's because my image and memory of Europe is from the books I would look at as a kid, and that first trip to Paris in 88. It's New York City when I was young, when the streets were dirty, the Subway was really loud and people weren't as kind. I don't miss that but there's a certain charm to that old NY, not the Disney version that it's kind of become.
So, walking through Edinburgh I got some of those vibes, of the NYC I remember.

Got a chance to play in some pubs with my friend Karel. The music scene over there seems to be vibrant at all levels. All pubs and bars seem to have live music of some sort any night of the week. People seem to appreciate it all.

It was a lovely 5 days over there, weather not too bad actually for December. Would like to visit again soon, maybe nearing the end of Spring. Those greens must really pop over there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home