Impressions of Europe

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

V.O.S.E.

It's amazing how difficult it is for spaniards to speak english. There's a reason for this. Most spaniards are not exposed to the language. Some can read it but are unable to pronounce it. Movies in Spain are dubbed into spanish, as are TV shows. If you want to see an american film in english you have to find a theater that offers V.O.S.E. What is this you ask? It's Version Original Subtilos Español. Of course, foreign movies aren't popular in the US because americans are also unwilling to read subtitles

2 Comments:

Blogger Arturo Victoriano said...

Es que a los imperiales no les interesan las otras lenguas... En Estados Unidos y Canadá tienes que matar a una gente para que vea una película con subtítulos, lo mismo en Alemania, Francia o Italia, esos somos nosotros los periféricos..., aunque en Argentina y México solían doblar las películas, creo que todavía lo hacen...

4:41 PM  
Blogger Janette Keys said...

I love watching subtitled movies. When I rent movies I always make sure I have one in another language. This was even before I ever left USA. I even made my son watch. He loved the Japanese movies best. with all the artsy hidden meaning stuff.
But then, you konw me, I'm a little not in the normal grouping. Most Americans I know won't watch anything subtitled and the younger ones don't like to watch black and white movies.
Keep writing and taking pics

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home